It's Not OK That Stefano Gabbana Body-Shamed Selena Gomez
Beauty Fashion

Dear Stefano Gabbana, I'm A Fashion Addict, But I Will Never Support Dolce & Gabbana Again

Bullying is never OK, no matter how famous you are.

342

Dear Stefano Gabbana,

As someone who is a self-proclaimed fashion enthusiast, I can name quite a few designers and labels that I not only admire but also rock their products almost daily.

While I don't consider myself picky since I feel that most of the designs I see are beautiful, I do have some standards for who I support. Those standards include actual talent, lack of pettiness, respect for others, nothing that's just a desperate plea for attention, and basic understanding that there's nothing good that comes from rudeness and bullying.

Unfortunately, I have recently realized that your brand, Dolce & Gabbana, despite having nice designs, simply just does not make the cut. Here's why I have a problem.

One would think that with success, leaving hate comments on social media to get attention wouldn't really be necessary, but apparently, you see things differently.

What you have said towards not only Selena Gomez, but also other celebrities, such as Miley Cyrus, is absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional. As someone so famous, you should be able to not only be able to handle the spotlight with maturity, but also with professionalism and respect for others.

However, even after so long, you have proven yourself to be incapable of not only behaving like a professional but also unable to be a decent human being.

Recently, you have left a comment on a picture of Selena Gomez that translates to "She's so ugly!" from Italian. Not only were several of Selena's fans enraged, but also many other bystanders and celebrities.

Selena Gomez regularly wears Dolce & Gabbana apparel and clearly has supported you. She is also considered beautiful by many people all over the world. For these reasons, it is unknown why Stefano Gabbana decided to randomly hate on someone who not only wears his designs but is also an advocate for kindness.

Furthermore, when people try to defend her, your responses are blatantly rude and disgusting, for example, you posted a graphic picture on Instagram showing your haters what to do with their opinions, complete with a step by step diagram.

You have made it clear that you do not care about your public image and how it's affected by your horrible comments. Unsurprisingly, you also have 'beef' with Miley Cyrus (who defended Selena Gomez after the incident) and her younger brother, Braison.

Due to political differences between you and Braison in a post that Miley wrote about how proud she was of her brother, you overreacted and insulted him, saying you'd never work with him again.

To sum it up, your behavior can be summed up as immature, unprofessional, inappropriate, and overall just unacceptable.

You've been in the fashion industry a long time, and yes, you are successful, but it really doesn't take a genius to realize that just because you are successful, it does not give you the right to be a horrible person.

I am truly sorry that after years in the spotlight, you still are clueless as to how to handle your popularity the right way. So thanks for making your designs, but I think I'll stick to designers who deserve respect and to be promoted.

Sincerely,

Someone who knows bullying is never OK.