5 Parks In Georgia You Should Know About

5 Parks In Georgia That You Have To Visit This Fall

Northern Georgia has many things to offer, the natural attractions are often overlooked.

128
Personal Photo

Western America may have the Rockies but the Southeast has the Appalachians, Blue Ridge, and Cohutta.

1. Cloudland Canyon State Park 

Cloudland Canyon State Park is truly up in the clouds. This site offers various levels of trails from easy to hard. The West Rim Loop Trail is one of the most used trails. Rounding out near 5 miles the trail gives a wooded forest experience and miles of views off the many overlooks.

2. Tallulah Gorge State Park

Tallulah Gorge State Park is home to Tallulah Falls. Right outside the border of South Carolina, Tallulah Gorge State Park is family friendly and offers year round activities. The stairs are strenuous, but the views are worth it.

3. Fort Mountain State Park

Fort Mountain State Park has an activity area for everyone from horseback riding trails, biking trails, miniature golf, and so much more. Exploring this area you'll see the legend of the Moon People, and the rock wall. This park offers 70 seasonal camping sites, and access to a 17-acre-lake.

4. Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park

Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park is not actually counted as a state park but it is a hot spot for all the outdoors people. This park was once the site of a 14 day bloody Civil War battle. Kennesaw Mountain has a secondary mountain beside it called Little Kennesaw, this site has an overlook that can be driven up to.

5. James H. (Sloppy) Floyd State Park

James H. (Sloppy) Floyd State Park is lies between Summerville and Lyerly, Georgia. There are 5 miles of trails available to the public, along with other activities such as fishing and geocaching. The real prize is at the end of the "Marble Mine Trail" where an old mine is located.