Stand Still And Do Not Move

Stand Still And Do Not Move

Just have a little faith.

25
Stand Still And Do Not Move

We all have those times in our lives when we question the journey that God has in store for us? We often struggle with our calling or the timing of our situations. We try to reach out and talk to people and sometimes we get the same explanation from everyone; to have a little faith and patience. We surrender and give it all to God and we still don’t hear from him. Then, we honestly start to get a little discouraged. The best advice I received this year when I was struggling with situations was “when you don’t hear from God stand still.” With this, I have learned to wait and we all know that no one likes to do that but, change is a process. One thing that I felt was important to know, is that God has made it clear in his word that many Godly men had to wait.

There are so many examples in the Bible that we can relate to and see that life is a process you are not given everything at once. Look at all the outcomes that the people in the Bible who persevered. Joseph was in a prison cell for 10 years, Moses was in a desert for 40 years, David was on the run from his father-in-law for 15 years, and Abraham without a child for 100 years.

When God calls you to the place of brokenness it is time for you to stop closing your heart in pride and be willing to bend and break. The way He breaks you may be different from the way He breaks me. You could steadily be chipped away like a large stone, or break you suddenly, through some major crisis. However, the process allows it to happen don’t waste years being resistant to God’s calling.

What is it that you are exactly longing to be fulfilled? Are we wanting to hear something that we are aware isn’t healthy for us and we are just too stubborn to listen? God is listening and he is not blind to your tears there is a good reason why he is making you wait. There is a million reason why you are at a standstill is it because God is allowing healing in your life at a time when there has been no sign of recovery? Don’t be so saddened when our desires are cast away; He is showing you there is a better tomorrow coming. 2 Corinthians 5:7 states “We walk by Faith not by sight.”

Yes, we may not always agree with what is ahead but one thing is God will not let you down. Take that leap of faith by what you feel in your heart and not what is being shown to us.

While we are on this bumpy rollercoaster called life don’t be discouraged if you don’t have your life figured out. Continue to praise and honor God while he guides you in the right doors. God made some of the greatest men of faith to wait just be patient and let life take its course. Yes, we all want to take our little victories, but at the end it's building up to a powerful testimony when he brings you through.