The 12 Stages Of Thanksgiving Day

The 12 Stages Of Thanksgiving Day

42
The 12 Stages Of Thanksgiving Day
http://www.history.com

Thanksgiving: one of the best American holidays. It's a day filled with fall foliage, great family bonding time, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, endless football games, and most importantly, substantial amounts of eating. Here are the 12 stages of Thanksgiving Day.

1. You wake up with excitement, ready to go:

You've trained yourself all year for this glorious day. It's time to see the dedication pay off.

2. You go for a nice morning workout:

Whether it be a nice brisk run or a pump-up spin class, you're there. The more calories your burn now, the more food you can eat later. It's all about that #balance.

3. You get your wardrobe ready:

It has to be cute, yet comfortable. You usually go for that flowy dress or those pants that have that extra stretch to them.

4. You hover around the kitchen to check on the progress of all the food being prepared:

You're convinced the more times you keep checking up on the food, the quicker it will cook. You also do some taste tests to make sure everything is "up to par."

5. Your family has finally arrived and you do your quick greetings:

You say your hellos, but more importantly you investigate to see what desserts they've brought. You're too excited to carry on a conversation because you know that once guests arrive, it's eating time.

6. It's not a typical family event unless there's an argument:

Whether it be which football team is better, who makes the better pumpkin pie, or who is still stuck at the kiddie table, there is always a controversy.

7. It's go time:

This is it -- you see the table brimming with all of that yummy food, with the aroma of the turkey filling the room. The moment has come, you're ready to go to work on some food.

8. You've reached your max:

You have hit that moment of fullness, yet everything just tastes so good. You need to keep going and can't give up just yet.

9. You've resorted to laying on the couch:

This is the only comfortable position you can stay in. Sitting up is just not going to happen. You are cursing at yourself for how full you are.

10. Dessert time:

Just when your stomach started to feel a little bit at ease, dessert time has been called. Your eyes widen at the sight of pies, cookies, cakes, brownies, ice cream, and donuts.

11. You wake up the next morning with instant remorse:

You feel like a sinner. You have accomplished your goal of eating everything and anything, and now your body is paying for it. You attempt to put on those sneakers and hit the gym (but probably not).

12. You are already excited for the next Turkey day:

Hey, its only 364 days away.