The Stages Of A Relationship As Told By Taylor Swift Lyrics

She has always spoken the truth about love.

135
Billboard Music

Taylor Swift loves to write about all different kinds of love and heartbreak. Her songs are quite relatable. By the time you get to college, it’s likely that you have experienced what you think is, or was, true love. With that occasionally comes romantic devastation. No matter what your current relationship status is, Taylor Swift has written a hit song about it. Here are relatable Taylor Swift lyrics for all different stages of a relationship.

Meeting:

"You know, I haven't seen you around before"

"If you could see that I'm the one who understand you. Been here all along, so why can't you see you belong with me"

Thinking:

"My mind forgets to remind me you're a bad idea"

"I can't decide if it's a choice, getting swept away"

Attraction:

"You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt. And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt"

"Drop everything now. Meet me in the pouring rain, kiss me on the sidewalk. Take away the pain 'cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile"

Honeymoon:

"Our song is a slamming screen door, sneakin' out late, tapping on my window"

"You'll be my prince and I'll be the princess"

Relationship:

"You lift me feet off the ground. You spin me around. You make me crazier, crazier. Feels like I'm falling and I am lost in your eyes"

"You are the best thing that's ever been mine"

Imminent breakup:

"All I know since yesterday is everything has changed"

"Nothing last forever but this is gonna take me down. He's so tall, and handsome as hell. He's so bad but he does it so well. I can see the end as it begins"

Breakup:

"Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress staring at the sunset babe. Red lips and rosy cheeks. Say you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams"

"All that I know is that I don't know how to be something you miss"

Post-breakup feels:

"It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you"

"Losing him was blue like I'd never known. Missing him was dark grey all alone. Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met"

Considering getting back together:

"Then you come around again and say baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me. Remember how that lasted for a day?"

"We'll take this way too far. It'll leave you breathless or with a nasty scar"

Reflection:

"Oh, it's so sad to think about the good times, you and I, 'cause baby now we got bad blood"

"'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me"

Moving on and getting over it:

"Heartbreak is the national anthem. We sing it proudly"

"We are never ever ever getting back together"

Meeting someone new:

"All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you"

"And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid. I think its strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did"

I believe that everyone loves in different ways, which is why I listed so many different stages. It doesn’t matter if you've got bad blood, are feeling 22, or are trying to shake it off. Everyone can relate to a least one T-Swift song.

*Mind blown*