12 Stages You Go Through When Drinking

12 Stages You Go through When Drinking

Everything starts off smooth sailing and then you wake up the next morning not knowing what happened.

80
12 Stages You Go through When Drinking
Maddie Rogers

When you turn 21, you start to learn what it's like to drink and what stages you go through. While everyone is different, here are nine stages that most people go through on a night of drinking.

1. Deciding you're going to drink that night

You go back and forth in your mind until you decide "what the hell, let's go out tonight".

2. Deciding what outfit is appropriate for that night

Deciding where you're going to go that night or who you're going to see is imperative in choosing an outfit for a night out.

3. Deciding who is going to be part of your "going out squad"

Deciding if it's going to be a girls night (with which girls) or if the boys are allowed to come, is crucial to how your night will go.

4. Deciding when and where to pregame

Deciding how early you want to start your night and when to hit the bar is crucial in determining how your night is going to play out.

5. Actually planning how to get downtown after the pregame

Calling the uber means the night is actually just getting started, better hope you didn't pregame too hard!

6. Analyzing lines and deciding which bar is actually worth it

Also, look out for bars that might have bouncers that you know, that's a serious power move.

7. Deciding what kind of drink you're committing to at the bar

There is a huge difference between a wine night and a tequila shot night

8. Making sure you don't lose your friends

Sticking with your people when you go out is unbelievably important.

9. Making the executive decision to go home (or having the decision made for you)

Whether you're just that tired or you shut down the bar, having to leave is pretty inevitable.

10. Getting the all important drunk food

Eating can make or break your morning after feels.

11. Finally curling up in your bed after a long night out

Best. Feeling. Ever.

12. Trying not to hate yourself the next morning

You may or may not ever be able to drink tequila ever again. Or at least for the next week or so.

After waiting 21 years, planning a night out is pretty overwhelming. These stages almost always repeat themselves, but it's almost worth it for a night of fun.