Spring In Ohio Is Just A Myth

It's finally April now. Yes, everything about April showers bringing May flowers is about to start. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to finally get into spring and say goodbye to the winter season. I am so done with winter and I just want the warmer weather and put away my winter coat and my boots (but my boots were really cute). But the more that I see the changes in the season, the more I realize that I live in a very fluctuating environment in regard to the weather and it can get really annoying as to the weather.

Why? One word: Ohio.

It's been a while since I last wrote about the great state of Ohio. Ah, Ohio. Spent my entire life living in that state. I was born, raised, got my elementary and high school education there, and I'm currently getting my college education there also (in the middle of nowhere with fields galore). But there are only a few things with living in Ohio that can be annoying to anyone that lives here is the fluctuation of the weather. I can give a good example of this with what is going on right now.

On Sunday, it was super nice that it was probably in the seventies temperature wise. I was able to walk to elections for my sorority in a nice tank top-like shirt from my dorm hall to the middle of campus and then to get pizza and back to my dorm. Everything throughout the week was fine until we get to Wednesday. In the morning I normally check the weather to see what I could wear and when I saw that it was going to be in the forties throughout the entire day and that the next day, the high was going to be in the sixties, I let out the most audible groan of annoyance ever.

It can sometimes translate to living in an air-conditioned dorm hall where sometimes inside it can be freezing cold that I want to wrap myself in a blanket when outside I could be doing my homework outside in a t-shirt and shorts.

I did do that on Saturday, though.

Another story that I can say. My freshman year of high school, I had the amazing opportunity over spring break to go to Disney World with my high school's band and orchestra program and march in the Magic Kingdom itself. While that was going on, I got a picture from my mom and it was our front yard… and there was snow on it. All of this in Ohio while I was in Florida. I did not want to go back home after seeing that picture even though at this point I'm tired and sunburnt.

But the thing that I've always disliked about being in Ohio, even in the past, was the weather. Seeing how certain places in not only the United States but also the world have normal seasons and here is just… back and forth.

Can we just have a set spring soon?