Spring Fever

There is so much talk about spring finally arriving, but what are we all actually excited for? I went around on campus asking people what they are most excited for this spring, and here are some of their responses:
“I’m most excited to finally get to ride my bike again!”-Sophomore
“I finally get to wear my maxi skirts and short shorts!”- Junior
“Finally get to run outside with no shirt on.”-Freshman
“PORCH PARTIES!”-Junior
“I won’t have to take a cab to the bars anymore! It will be warm enough to walk there!”- Senior
“I can go rollerblading without falling on my face!”-Sophomore
“Running around Calhoun!”- Senior
“Tanning next to trash cans…”- Sophomore
“I’m excited to be able to enjoy my walk to class and not freeze my butt off!”- Sophomore
“No more runny noses!”-Freshman
“Girls in tight shirts and short shorts….”-Sophomore

For the most part, people are just excited for the warm weather with no snow.  I truly believe that campus becomes more alive and everyone is actually happier in the spring.  
This is obvious when you take a walk through the mall. In the winter, obviously no one sits out in the courtyard.  Everyone has their hoods up and face down.  No one talks, and everyone just books it to class.  In the spring, people literally take naps on the lawn.  People have study dates and lunch outside.  Everyone smiles at each other, and they take their sweet old time getting to class.  People actually want to walk to class, because the outside weather is just as warm as their covers on their beds.  

Spring is hopefully just around the corner.  It’s almost time to get out your spring wardrobe and put away your winter boots.  The snow will soon start to melt and everyone will start to feel happy and giddy.