Spring Break Hot Spots

Spring Break Hot Spots

10

Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea and drink the wild air! 

Spring break has finally arrived. I can attest for everyone when I say we are all super pumped to have a week off of classes. It’s going to be a nice break.

Every year during spring break, students gets together with friends to spend a whole week enjoying their time off from classes. Most people spend their time on a beach in Florida, but there are many other vacation hot spots to check out. You can choose anywhere from beaches to mountains just depending on what your preference is! Skiing is definitely a great time, but considering how cold it’s been lately here, I think we could all use some beach time for spring break.

“I’m going to Panama City Beach,” sophomore Kappa Alpha Darion Huntley said. “I’m pumped to spend some time on the beach with some of my brothers this year.” 

While talking to Darion, he shared that his friends will be driving to PCB to stay at Boardwalk Beach Resort.

From the condos, hotels, parasailing, Jet Ski rentals and many more activities, Boardwalk Beach Resort has it all! The resort also has the best view on the area’s largest private beach. It’s perfect to grab your chair and enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer.

“I’m going to Vegas this year for spring break,” senior Kappa Kappa Gamma Hope Headrick said. “I’m going with some friends and it’s going to be a fun time.” 

Headrick went on to share that Vegas is not your normal spot to vacation during spring break, but why be normal?

“We will be during some fun bachelorette activities as well,” Headrick said. “Two of the girls are engaged, so it’s only natural to have some bachelorette fun.”  

Headrick has never been to Vegas before, so she’s really excited to finally go.

“I will be going to Panama City Beach,” senior Sigma Tau Gamma Landon Huckins said. “I’m along for the ride.” 

Huckins will be going with some of his fraternity brothers.

I think Panama City Beach is definitely the quintessential spring break experience for most of us college students. If it’s not PCB, it is definitely Destin. For those of you who don’t have the chance to vacation somewhere during spring break, definitely try to take the chance next year. Spring break vacations are super fun because you get to spend time with your friends while enjoying some sun time. Let’s be real, we all like a good tan every now and then.

I will be vacationing in Stillwater, Okla. this year for spring break. If you are staying in Stillwater this year, we can have our own little fun here. We may not have beach time, but we can definitely have some friend and sun time.

Hopefully everyone has a great spring break this year. Have fun and be careful everyone. 

Let us know your fun spring break plans on Twitter: @Odyssey_OKState @nickvela. Happy spring break, everyone!