15 Random Acts Of Kindness

15 Random Acts Of Kindness

"Create an environment you want to be a part of"

89
15 Random Acts Of Kindness
Matt Collamer

I don't know about you, but this Michigan weather is draining the life out of me! Well it was one of those days, the kind where you wake up and spill your coffee on your only clean white shirt, then you get in your car and realize your tire is flat, and on top of all that you have to work both jobs today and you professor sent out an article he wants you to read and write a summary on by tomorrow. Happy Monday friends!

So with that awful day, I went and got the well deserved coffee I needed. I drove up to the window to pay and the wonderful worker says, "You're all set. Have a great day!" Instant tears.

Its the little things. So with that, I challenged myself to do 15 random acts of kindness for this week:

1. Contact someone you haven't spoke to in awhile and ask how they're doing. Maybe they had a day like you had.

2. When out ordering food, offer to pay for the person behind you. They may be using their last five dollars to get this food. Help them out.

3. Gather your canned goods and donate them to a homeless shelter. You can always go buy more, they can't always go get more.

4. If you have free time and you're "so bored", go volunteer somewhere! You have the time to.

5. Write thank you letters to your mail person, garbage person, and someone in the military. It'll put a smile on their face while they work.

6. Compliment a stranger, without waiting for a reply. It's flattering.

7. Write out encouraging sticky notes to put on mirrors in public restrooms. Sometimes a little pick-me-up is all someone may need to get going.

8. Go to your favorite restaurant, shopping center, or your school and pick up litter. Would you want all the trash in your yard?

9. Bake a sweet treat for your neighbor next door. They could have just gotten the worst news, this will bring their spirits up.

10. Visit a local nursing home, bring cards and crafts with you. Some of the residents don't have family who come to see them.

11. Send flowers to a distant family member. It's always good to remind them and show them you love and care for them from afar.

12. Email a coworker telling them how you appreciate them. They may be having a busy stressful day, they will love it.

13. If you have a day off, and you're able, go donate blood. One pint of blood can help as many as three people!

14. Leave your waiter/waitress a generous tip. They are working their tail off and most likely have been yelled at three times in an hour.

15. Take care of yourself: self-love, self-care, you deserve it.

Create your own happiness. Create an environment you want to be a part of.