17 Thoughts That Run Through The Minds Of Social Work Students
Politics

Social work is hard work, but it's good work.

486
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thompsonrivers/41863703035/in/photolist-26Mmqpn-bR4yF6-bR4BsD-bAdVcE-nm74am-pc4kUF-bC9VoL-XbAy5r-RH9Gxd-92o6Vg-amWWHU-c9wCQd-bR4yGB-bEniWm-pLbbdg-o8Vh3s-X7UYTv-bC9Xe7-niLJxw-cuDFHA-bCa26s-exgJRV-bR4Avn-6ovuV3-cvAB9q-bkNtmU-NKnQ71-cv5WFY-nm77ps-XXqHe6-26A3D2h-nius6J-bC9ZEE-bR4CQc-92o6Qz-nitde7-RUhZWt-5BFjLk-eg1W1A-sdKjFa-9WDKMv-dY5tTq-4qPR95-bP8B6x-bR4CUp-cv6fju-5BFjRT-h7BLuT-TDeDsH-auX5kZ

Social work students are typically hard-working, compassionate, and empathetic individuals. They balance field work and classes as well as self-care and managing interpersonal relationships. While social work is a helping field, sometimes us social work students feel helpless. Here are some experienced emotions and thoughts by social work students…

1. What's a process recording and how do I make mine look legit?

2. How I meet the client halfway?

3. Is it just me, or is reflection tough at times?

4. What made me enter this field?

5. It's untrue when people say social workers don't earn much money.

6. I should go to therapy.

7. What is self care?

8. How many more readings are there?

9. How are these readings possible?

10. Is a social life a thing?

11. The field is awesome, so why can't it be my only school-related responsibility?

12. Are all professors this understanding, or is it just social work professors?

13. How do I apply for licensure?

14. When can I start working and finish school already?

15. Does my supervisor like me?

16. There are way too many roles at my field placement for me to differentiate between people.

17. How am I so blessed to be entering this profession?

In spite of challenges that the career brings forth, social workers overcome adversity and attempt to be agents of change. Their short time as students must be cherished. While handling various demands is difficult, social workers are true ninjas in reaching their goals and ensuring that their obligations are completed. I am grateful to be in the field and look forward to continuing to learning and growing along the way!