So, You're Mad At The Chewbacca Lady?

So, You're Mad At The Chewbacca Lady?

The Chewbacca lady is rich, and you're still poor.

20
So, You're Mad At The Chewbacca Lady?

So you’re jealous of Chewbacca Lady? The lady that bought the Chewbacca mask at Kohls and went viral, because her laugh was so contagious? The lady who has now gotten a ton of money, her kid’s college paid for, and an action figure?

You’re mad that she’s famous and wealthy now. You’re jealous of the fortunate life that she will be leading from now on.

Would you be happier if she has made a million dollars for a sex tape?

Or what about a negative video on Facebook complaining about how much she hates people who get famous for not doing anything?

A video complaining about “the millennial generation” and everything they do wrong?

You’re going to tell me that she doesn’t deserve a single penny for making 157 million people laugh and just be happy?

Recently, we’ve had more mass shootings in America than ever before. Our news is filled with negative things, twisted media assumptions, and people brimming with hatred for each other and the way this country is being run.

You don’t chose to hate the men pulling the trigger in these mass shootings, or the people creating pure chaos in this world.

You hate on the lady who got rich and happy, because of a Chewbacca mask.

Think about that for a second. You’re jealous, because she got money and did nothing in return for it. You are jealous, because you don’t have that money and she does.

But she didn’t just do nothing. She made people laugh. She made people smile and see the light in the world. She made people appreciate the little things in life. She sold millions of Chewbacca masks to millions of people, spreading laughter.

She’s just a Texas mom who bought a toy that was originally for her kids. She has a degree in Musical Theater and she’s a stay at home mom. She’s a worship leader at her church. Why doesn’t she deserve what she’s gotten? Is she a bad person? Has she done horrible things?

I hear over and over again that we are a selfish and useless society. While I don’t think this is true at a whole, I see where people are getting that from. You who are jealous and angry are showing your ugly side. We cannot just be happy for each other, we have to drag others down with us. If you laughed at this video even once, whether a slight chuckle or a pee-your-pants kind of laugh, you owe Mrs. Candace Payne more than the criticism that you are giving her. Why is her fortunate circumstance hurting you? Do you say that people who have won the lottery also do not deserve it? I can ask continuous rhetorical questions, but the truth is, she gave the entire world a good laugh at something that offended nobody. Nobody was thrown under the bus, or hurt by this joke. It was clean, it was wholesome, and it was someone enjoying the little things in life. It taught us all a lesson we needed. To enjoy the small things that sprinkle our life, and that jealousy of others brings us nothing in return.