6 Things To Do In The Smoky Mountains
Travel

6 Things To Do In The Smoky Mountains To Make Your Trip That Much Better

The laughs are harder, and the love grows stronger.

245
Ally Mishell Smith

My family and I have been traveling to the Smoky Mountains my entire life, almost 20 years. My parents have been going there even longer than that. Over the years, we've found our favorite things to do and see while we're there, so rather than keeping all these secrets to myself, I thought that I would share them with you, so you can enjoy your trip to one of the best places on Earth.

1. The Villiage

There's nothing better than walking through the village, hearing the fountain run, with the smell of donuts filling the air, while walking in and out of little knick-knack stores. It feels just like home.

2. Pancake Pantry

I promise you won't find any better pancakes in the land. You may have to wait an hour but I promise it will be 100% worth it.

3. Downtown Gatlinburg

Ally Mishell Smith

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this place is like home and there's nothing better than the smell of corndogs and moonshine.

4. The Christmas Place

If you're like me, you wish every day could be Christmas. At The Christmas Place, every day is just that. It's literally 365 days of just Christmas. You could honestly spend 2 hours there and never get bored.

5. Fannie Farkle's

Eat a foot-long corn dog while playing endless games of ski-ball. It's ok to be a kid at Fannie's.

6. Take the scenic route.

Ally Mishell Smith

I promise you'll be thankful. There's nothing better than being in the mountains.

7. Love your family in the best place on Earth.

Ally Mishell Smith