How To Be More Positive

5 Small Things That Will Brighten Your Mood

It's the small things that count.

134
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjk-7vu58fdAhVC9YMKHTdeAUUQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2F%40vasayo%2Fwhy-positivity-matters-6-ways-to-make-it-part-of-you-73402071bbd7&psig=AOvVaw1e6lgCXuFqq5jBgVkVzaD5&ust=1537472046236455
Clariza Adao

It is easy for us to look at the negative aspects of a situation. We fail to recognize the positives that happen to us, however, we need to condition ourselves to look at the positives. Here are 5 small things that can lift up your spirits.

1. Productivity 

Mulan Shang

Be proactive. Instead of spending 5 hours of laying on your bed scrolling through the Facebook timeline, occupy yourself with tasks. Go outside; that way, you can get fresh air and feel productive.

2. Mediation 

Mulan incense

Mediation takes patience. I used to think mediating was stupid but this is crucial for self-care. One of the ways I meditate is attending church and praying. Personally, it calms me down and helps me reflect on my week. I know not everyone is religious, and that's okay! Walking without listening to music is another way I meditate. Mediation doesn't have to involve spiritual practices-- the important take away is SELF-REFLECTION. Self-reflection leads to self-awareness.

3. Dress to impress 

Mulan makeover

media.giphy.com

Dress up...for yourself! Not saying you need to go all out with a suit. Instead, dress yourself in outfits that make you feel good. If you think you look good on the outside, then it will positively influence your self-esteem. It might be out of your comfort zone but you'll get used to it (trust me, I'm speaking from personal experience)!

4. Learning something new 

Mulan medal

Brain stimulation is activated when you're learning, hence why everyone feels accomplished after learning something new. Learning is good for self-esteem!

5. Loved ones

Mulan hugging

I'm an empath so I absorb others' emotions. Being an empath is a blessing and a curse. Therefore, it is important for me to surround myself with people who give off GOOD VIBES. Moreover, they must unconditionally love and care for my well-being. Pick these people wisely: quality over quantity.

Being positive takes more effort, but it is honestly worth it. #selfcare