Sleep Is So Vital, As I Faced The Struggle At Work

Get your hours or die at work.

272

It is pretty obvious that sleep is vital in our lives; it helps us function, move about our day, and helps us think, and just feel "stable." Sometimes though, I think I can survive on sleep. And I am always wrong.

I hear that at least 7 hours of sleep are good for adults who work. Some days I get two, like today. Sometimes it is not my fault, like the reason today I got two hours was because my brain was thinking and thinking; I even went to bed early. Also, working overnights is rough. It's a new adjustment, not like your 9-5.

I also teach dance once a week in the middle of the day, which also does not help with sleep. Right smack in the middle of the day, I have to get up.

Well, I need to figure out a way to get sleep, because me almost nodding off at work, struggling to keep my eyes open, and being overall weak and cranky, is not cutting it for me. So I need sleep, and so do you.

You need sleep to not only function at work, but to even feel somewhat stable. When I am at work struggling to keep my eyes open, I am unable to focus and even pay attention because I am trying to focus on other things to keep me up, instead of my work. I am also worrying about staying up that I do not even realize I am making myself more tired. I am telling you, if you are thinking about a late night, think about tiredness you can feel at work the next day; it is miserable.

Sleep is not only good for work but like I said, your emotions can get screwed. I am super weak and cranky when I do not get sleep. I barely want to talk to people and I can get feisty. Be aware of how sleeping can affect how you communicate; it can get really bad.

You can actually get sick. Like I said as well, I get super weak and feel hot sometimes when I don't sleep. My face feels flushed and looks red, my eyes look too shiny and shot; it's just not a good look. I also do not have the motivation to get decently dressed, and my depression and anxiety will rise...

If you have trouble sleeping, consider seeing a doctor about sleep medicine. Even medicine for physical and mental health issues can help you feel better and sleep more soundly. If you have trouble sleeping, plan on being in bed a half hour early to give your self that time to try and sleep.

Get a comfortable mattress, pillow, and blanket it helps. Dark rooms help as well and adjusting temperature to where you feel content helps a lot. If you work overnights like me, blackout curtains are great if you are sensitive to light.

TURN YOUR PHONES OFF! I realize when I wake up in the middle of the night and stare at my phone for a minute, my eyes then widen up, so it takes me a while to fall back asleep. The light can burn!

Noise makes may help. Also, try self-meditating before sleeping to clear your mind. Also, relax before you go to bed, whether that is watching your favorite show, reading, writing, etc. You don't want to go to bed with a mind full of jumbled information.

I am telling you, try to get at least six hours of sleep every night. You won't regret it. I am simply venting to tell you how important sleep is. You won't regret getting your sleep.

https://www.askideas.com/63-top-sleep-quotes-sayings/