Skipping Class In College Is Different Than Skipping Class In High School

I literally can't afford to miss class.

9

Starting college right out of high school is exhilarating. Especially if you move away from home. You feel free. You can do whatever you want. And even better, you choose your classes.

The real pain is actually going to class. I don't understand how I was able to wake up at 6am, be at school at 7:30 to 3:30 and go to drama club or sometimes work from 4-10 and STILL go home and do homework for 3 hours. After one semester in college, I can't even go to 3 1-hour classes without feeling exhausted.

There are times when you wake up, contemplating your whole existence. You ask yourself, "Do I REALLY want to graduate?" or maybe you even be like, "Dropping out sounds so good right now." And this is especially if you choose morning classes.

No one is there to force you to go to class.

You have to decide if it is worth it.

Some classes do take attendance, and you end up using all your skips anyways. But going to class really is a challenge. I, personally, feel more inclined to do something if my mom is making me do it.

However, here, no one is here to remind me. I then remember that I am paying for this and so I have to go. I think to myself that I don't want to be a disappointment so I force myself to go.

Missing one day, however, will kill you. Lessons move so fast, that you could blink and miss something that will be on your final.

In high school, you skip class, and first they call your parents. Sucks, right? But you can go back to the class the next day and still be learning what you were learning a week ago. You miss one day and people notice. Your teacher notices, your classmates notice. Your friends definitely notice. You have multiple classes a day where you see multiple people for multiple hours.

And more often than not, your teacher will always let you do make-up work.

I want the college experience to be exactly as it is now, BUT with more skip days. My mental tiredness is important too!