What You Gain From A Sister-In-Law

When You Gain A Sister-In-Law

They may not be sisters by blood, but they are by heart.

165
When You Gain A Sister-In-Law
Corrine Harding

Growing up, I never had a sister or many girl relatives in my life, but I was lucky enough that my brother met you in high school. From staying up till midnight watching childhood cartoons to helping prepare for your first child, we've all grown up and closer over the past couple of years. When you gain a sister-in-law, you gain so much more than a person. I know my family and I wouldn't be the same without you.

When you gain a sister-in-law, you get the opportunity to see your sibling fall in love and find their best friend all at one time. Their happiness becomes infectious, and somehow their happiness becomes your own. With helping with your wedding planning and now watching my brother and you build a family makes me so excited for what is in store.

You and my brother taught me how a relationship should be before I was ever in one by watching you two grow from high school sweethearts to husband and wife. These life lessons have stuck with me and help me navigate my own life and relationship now.

When you gain a sister-in-law, you gain a friend that sees and knows more about your family than anyone else. They become a person that has your back and takes care of you when the going gets tough. They really aren't just a friend, your sister-in-law is your family. You can spend so much time catching up or talking about the future, no matter the conversation they are always memorable. Gaining a sister-in-law is special and honestly, one of the best things that can happen to a person.

You being added to the family has let me have a person close to my own age that understands what I am going through and vice-versa. Being close to the same age has let us bond over similar interests and get each other better than most people.

I know we may not be sisters by blood, but I am so thankful to call you my sister. You have been a part of our family for years, and you have seen it all and still, have stayed through all the good and bad. You've shown me what it's like to have a sister in my life, and I'm so excited to see what the future has in hold.