Sipping the Blue Kool-Aid

Sipping the Blue Kool-Aid

With this win, I'm kind of convinced the Lions have a shot at a winning season.

15
Sipping the Blue Kool-Aid

That's it, I'm sipping the blue Kool-Aid. There's no doubt about it after the win against the Rams this past Sunday on yet another last second field goal from Lions' kicker Matt Prater helping the Lions head into week 7 at 3-3. A record most people gave up on three weeks ago. Yes, they only beat the Rams. The same team who had the worst offense, but put up big numbers yesterday on the Lions' defense.

With this win, I'm kind of convinced the Lions have a shot at a winning season. Now, all this remains to be seen. But as long as they can continue to find ways to win, then we still have a chance at possibly making it into the wild card. Yes, they are still a long-shot, but there is a glimmer of hope nonetheless.

Now, I completely understand, y'all hate Caldwell. I'm not entirely in favor of the guy either due to his lack of emotion during the game and they way he handles the media. But maybe we need to give him one last shot. He's had some terrible teams to work with so let's cut the guy some slack, just a little bit. He's working for a historically awful organization, so let's all keep that in mind.

Next week, the Lions welcome in the Washington Redskins. They currently sit at 4-2 and in second place in the NFC East behind Dallas. This, once again, is a very winnable game for the Lions. But for the Lions to be able to win this game, the secondary has to step up. The secondary got picked apart by another average quarterback.

The L.A. Rams quarterback threw for 321 yards, while completing 27 of 32 passes. That cannot happen next week when the Redskins come to town. Yes, the secondary came up big once again with an interception to seal the deal, but 300+ yards is inexcusable. Other than that, the defense played very well against the run, limiting the Rams to only 76 yards.

With all this being said, the Lions are on a two game tear and heading into next weekend's game with some serious confidence and a chance to have an above .500 record for the second time this season.

Go Lions!