Finding Simple Joys
Life Stages

10 Simple Joys Of Life When Life Feels Dry

Find comfort in the things that make you happy when life is rough.

70

This past school term has been one of the worst for me, in terms of emotional and physical health. There were many instances when I would wonder what was left in life to be happy about and why I should keep going every single day. Despite these feelings, I want to find the small, simple joys in my day to day life. Here are ten of them.

1. The perfect cubes of ice in my matcha latte at my favorite cafe in Koreatown.

2. The really, really good part in the book I’m reading.

3. When I find a really good song on Spotify.

4. When the professor ends class earlier than usual.

5. The smiley face that the barista left next to my name on my cup.

6. The mornings when I can sleep in and wake up without an alarm.

7. Sleeping right after taking a long, warm shower.

8. The first sip of water in the morning.

9. Having my hair washed at the hair salon.

10. Listening to my favorite songs from my childhood and teenage years.

Golden State Warriors Dancing GIF by NBA - Find & Share on GIPHYGiphy GIFs directly from the National Basketball Association.

These ten things are so simple and mundane, yet they bring me joy and brighten my mood when life gets too hard to handle. Life can't be filled with good things every single day, but you can change the way you cope with the bad. Find small things that make you happy, and surround yourself with these things to get yourself through the bad days.