8 Signs You're Ready For The Semester To Be Over

"Very over it" would be an understatement.

181

So, here's the deal: We all have rough semesters here and there, and while we may think it's the worst thing in the world at the time, there are always bigger problems out there. Cue my mom's voice: "It's your age — you think the world revolves around you, but someone somewhere always has it harder! You are so selfish."

OK, thanks mom. Thanks for that — really. You pulled me back to Earth.

But really, this time I'm so ready for the semester to be packed up, put in a box, and marked "Fall 2015" in green Sharpie because, to be honest, my mind is ricocheting off the walls. That being said, this is a frantic shoutout to my bed in my house, my favorite stuffed horse, and my Dad's cooking. There, I said it. Man, I had it easy back when I was five.

So I don't know about you, but here are some red flags indicating that my mental state is way past its expiration date.

1. You start wearing the same things you wore to bed to class, to the gym, to dinner and to go out.

Let's be honest, whatever you wear to class won't be fashion savvy to begin with despite the piles of Free People clothing bursting from your closet. You snuggled in your sweatpants the night before, and you certainly aren't leaving them high and dry when the sun comes up.

2. You realize that you actually don't go to the gym.

Oh yeah, must have slipped my mind. Literally have not worked out since Sept. 23. I'm starting to think 25 crunches a day will sustain my body until I'm 55. The lies my brain has told me.

Honestly, I don't even care.

3. You start thinking songs like "I Love It" by Icona Pop and "Do My Thang" by Miley are somehow your personal anthems.

This makes no sense because "I Love It" is the most annoying song in the world. Plus, if you were in your regular state of mind, you would actually care a lot about the apathetic route your life is taking and be genuinely concerned.

4. Too much time spent in the library triggers an eye twitch.

OK, perhaps this is just my own problem. But allow me to disclose that after first semester sophomore year I spent so much time in the James A. Cannavino Library that my left eye began to flutter ever so slightly. Needless to say, I developed a deep revulsion to the library and could barely step foot inside after that.

Oh, and the eye twitch hasn't stopped.

5. You develop a wild dependency on coffee.

Warning: If you have an obsessive personality, this is not the drug-like substance for you.

I never drank coffee as much as I have this semester. But, I need it to keep my singular eyelid from fluttering shut every 10 seconds.

6. This one may only apply to abroad people, but my body is starting to shut down and reject Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I am beyond thankful for being in Europe — Mom and Dad, you rock. However, and in the words of my good friend Kelly B., my body is rejecting — full on rejecting — the country that I'm studying in (Spain). Try as you might to speak the national language, your brain is so fried that you just can't anymore (but you're going to anyway, so why complain?).

7. Naps are your lifeline.

At this point, I only have the energy to head to class, do work, and sleep. In order to recharge my batteries, I pass out in my bed. Brutal cycle right here folks; it's the college kid's version of the endless desk job.

8. Christmas songs start overpowering the radio.

This moment in time is usually when I tap out. Get me singing "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey, and I'll be hopping in the next creepy taxi, giving them all my money, and telling them to drive me straight home. No stops.

And when it's all said and done...

Luckily I'm dramatic and know that at the end of each and every semester I start to lose it. Therefore, I'm fully prepared for the hysteria and lack of rationality I put myself through.

That being said, these next few weeks heading up to finals will include a mixture of purgatory and hell, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel! Christmas vacation here we come.