The Definitive Signs That You're A Winter Person

Because winter is a lifestyle.

298

Some people like spring.

And they’re weird.

Some people like summer.

And they’re (usually) the weirdest.

Some people like fall.

And, yeah, they’re weird but on the right track.

Because winter is the best season.

And if you’re a winter person, now is your time to truly live. There’s a few ways to know if you’re really a winter person!

Bring out your ~cold weather~ clothes

Winter has the best fashion of all time. Gone are the summer days of tight-fitting and sweaty shorts and tank tops! In winter, you can cover all your extra holiday weight with loose fitting layers and strategically placed scarves. So drag your cold weather clothes out of your closet and start wearing your beanies with pom-poms on top, cuddly scarves, striped mittens, fuzzy coats, fleece-lined leggings and wool socks.

Prepare for the holidays

Holidays are a vital part of winter, and if you’re a winter person, you probably love the spirit of Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas and New Years. It’s always fun to hang with family and eat lots of food, especially when you can happily celebrate in climate-controlled houses (looking at you Fourth of July and your hot, sticky outdoorsy-ness).

Get ready for winter weather

Snow. Is. Magical. Especially if you live in the south. You get to roll around in a winter wonderland, you get the day off from work or school and you get to drink hot chocolate and stare out the window like you’re in a movie. It’s a win-win-win.

There’s no sweating (praise the Lord)

In the winter, there’s no sweating. Which is what the Lord intended. But in winter, you never have to sweat. You can walk outside and not have to worry about sweating your makeup off or frizzing your hair or getting sweat stains on your nice, white shirt.

There are no bugs (and it’s a miracle)

In spring and summer, the world crawls with insects. They’re in your house and in your car and on your bed and all over you. It’s a travesty. However, in winter, you don’t have to worry about mosquito bites or stepping in an anthill or getting swarmed by gnats.

The movies and tv shows are great

In the winter, you get action-packed mid-season finales, Christmas specials and big-budget movie premieres. Winter is prime time for media of all kinds and anyone who says otherwise is probably a spring person, so can you really trust them? (The answer is no, by the way). So sit down and enjoy those classic Christmas movies and TV episodes!

Hot drinks are everywhere and they’re amazing

Hot drinks are one of life’s simple pleasures and while it’s never too hot outside to drink hot beverages (don’t listen to the summer people), it’s a lot easier to drink them when it’s cold outside. What’s more, you get those ~seasonal~ drinks like peppermint mocha! So grab your hot drink (whether coffee, hot chocolate, or tea) and let it warm your hands up in the cold!

(Disclaimer: Every season is wonderful, but I just love winter and I’m ready to fight for it.)