Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning. You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret. So here are 20 tattoos where you can't go wrong. Here are 20 small tattoos with big meanings. (But don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!).
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki” means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris” means “light in darkness.”
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora” is translated literally as “Towards greater things.” It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore.” It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
Once upon a time, the hype of fashion was only limited to the particular occasions and events. One might undoubtedly find a vast difference between a previous and modern generation though it would be absurd and pointless to compare.
Now, fashion is becoming the essential part of almost every teenager. Fashion usually reflects in the high school and college students including high fashion clothes, jewelry, sunglasses, language, taste in music, hairstyles, and even moral values. Majority of modern youth is slave to fashion. However, some teens invent their unique styles and aim at becoming an icon and differences among their groups.
In days of yore, fashion used to be found only among the upper class of people, but the time has changed entirely. It's difficult to see someone walking down the street who is not fashion conscious. Social media and television have been perceived as one of the primary influencers. Today's youths believe that in order to be popular among their people, they need to be fashion conscious or I would say match with their fashion. In fact, it's often seen that to assert their individuality and the values of their peers, they decide to break away from their parent generation.
However, someone might genuinely like specific fashion trend which does not make him/her slave to the fashion. The thought process to gain acceptance under the peer pressure or fear makes him/her slave to the fashion. Often, the influence of the group has no bad results, and occasionally, the impact can even be right.
What you always see in Vogue might not always suit your body or even personality.
It's quite reasonable to find that something is just not for you, and that's ok. It’s better to wear fashions that grace your character, rather than whatever the fashion gods on IG or YouTube tell you should wear. In the present, budget is one of the biggest concern for every college students, and thus one should make right choices before being a slave to fashion. You may have found yourself more involved with fashion and spending more time on social media then sleeping or studying for exams.
Today's youth strives hard to resemble the fashion models or glamorous faces. In fact, it's perfectly fine to be fashionable or get inspired by your fashion model, but you have to make sure that you don't hurt your self-esteem by being a slave to fashion. In short, the fundamental idea behind this article is not to oppose fashion models or modern youths, but it's to warn them about their choices when it comes to fashion. Don't let fashion define you.
You should determine fashion for yourself.