Why You Should Do What Makes You Happy

Why You Should Do What Makes You Happy

Make a goal of getting to do something, rather than having to do something.

23
Why You Should Do What Makes You Happy
Youtube

Pretty much everyone is in agreement. The ultimate goal of college: to specify a certain area of studies, and then make a career out of it.

A majority of students base their education on whether or not the job market is hiring in their field, or by how much money they are going to make. More often times than not, students choose a major they hate, and this shouldn't be happening.

I know that this could just be me, but I definitely don’t want to end up in a field that I hate. If you are going to invest several years of getting an education, and then spend most of your life in that field, then you might as well choose something you enjoy.

Chances are you don’t know what you want to do with your life, and that is OKAY. If you are one of the lucky ones, and found your passion early, congrats! For the rest of us, it isn’t that simple. Again, this could just be me, but I have no idea what I want to do. There are so many things out there to try, so how could I just pick one? I recently changed my major to something that excites me, and makes me enjoy school, more than I already was. Still, I wonder if there is something out there that I will find even more enjoyable, and it makes want to try everything.

Ignore all of the naysayers out there that tell you that you can’t do anything with the degree you’re pursuing. Don’t let them plant a seed of negativity in your brain, because then you will never stop second guessing yourself. Just look at all of the people who became successful doing the thing that they love most.

The truth is, if you truly enjoy what you are doing, and continue with it, you will find a way to become successful. Make a goal of getting to do something, rather than having to do something.

As Mark Twain once said, “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life."