Why You Should Make Time For Your Grandparents

Always Treasure Every Moment

93
Lisa Lilianstrom

Grandparents play a very important part in our lives, they are the head of our families, they are the reason that we are even here in the first place, and if you are lucky to have your grandparents alive then you should spend time with them while you can.

I never met my paternal grandparents as they died before I was even born, I only know them through stories that I have heard from my family. My grandpa was in the Marines and my grandma grew up on a farm. From what I heard they were also big Cubs fans, I do wish they were here to see the Cubs win the World Series last year.

I have had my maternal grandparents for most of my life Grandma and Grandpa used to babysit me and my older brother. They would always play with us, they would watch TV with us, and they would just spend time with us. My favorite thing to do with them was watch game shows, my favorite one to watch with them was The Price is Right, during the summer while Mom and Dad were working I would always spend time with them watching TV and doing other things as well.

My grandma died shortly after I turned 8 or 9, I don't really remember the year that well, I wish I had more time with her sometimes I get jealous of my older cousins who have gotten to know my grandma very well, while I didn't get too many years with her. I still have photos of her, and I treasure all of them,

I have the most memories with my Grandpa I remember when I graduated high school he was so happy that he was alive to see all of his grandchildren graduate, I think he even had tears in his eyes. Another memory was when he turned 90 in 2014 it was a big deal because not everyone makes it to 90 it was also one of few times where almost my whole family was together, I do wish we had more get together's as I have only seen some of them a handful of times.

My grandpas health is not so good and I worry that he could go at any moment, that's why I always try to treasure every moment with him, I always take so many photos of him and look back on the good times. And I have so many wonderful memories with him as well.

If you are lucky enough to have any grandparents alive, try to make time for them, they love you so much, and you should visit them whenever you can even if its only for little bit it will make them really happy.

Don't forget without your grandparents you guys probably wouldn't even be here so if you can make time to pay them a visit, because you never know how much time you have with them, so make sure you make those moments count.