I Watched 'Shameless' On Netflix, And Here's 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Watch

This may or may not be my second time watching the show, so I'd consider myself an expert.

211
Shameless cast

"Shameless" first aired in 2011 and followed with eleven subsequent seasons. The Gallagher gang is full of surprises as they take on the many challenges of growing up in the South side of Chicago. Fiona Gallagher, the eldest sibling, takes on raising five children in the absence of their mother and as her father Frank spends most of his time drinking at the local pub. Here are some of the major things to be weary of as you indulge on this show.

1. There is always a new low.

Lip Gallagher.Giphy

Shameless has to be the best show for always finding a new low in the Gallagher's lives. Most of these will make you feel a lot better about your life and all of the things you don't have to worry about on a daily basis.

2. Frank will unexpectedly parent at the most random of times.

Frank Gallagher holds up his beer.

Although usually drunk and clawing around for a new way to make money to buy more booze, Frank will unexpectedly parent every now and then. He actually has some pretty wise things to say but that doesn't override the fact that most of the time he's using one of the kids to get something he wants.

3. There are tons of sexual scenes - beware.

Kev hugs Vee.Buzzfeed

Most of the show is centered around who's banging who. It's hard to go an episode without at least one sex scene, so be weary if any youngins are around while you watch.

4. The Gallaghers always find a way out of it.

season 9 showtime GIF by ShamelessGiphy

It may seem that one of the Gallaghers is always finding themselves in a pickle. Surprisingly, they always find a way out - whether it's framing or threatening someone. This is what makes the show all the worth-while to watch.

5. You will undoubtedly become obsessed with the Gallagher family.

season 9 showtime GIF by ShamelessGiphy

In the strangest way ever, you will instantly be hooked on "Shameless" and binging episodes awaiting the next big thing to reek havoc in the Gallagher's lives so they can find their way out. The show is full of many twists and turns that will keep you hooked.

If I haven't scared you off yet, then you should hop onto Netflix and get binging on all eleven seasons.