How Senior Prom Was Like At The Imperia

How Senior Prom Was Like At The Imperia

I would not say that senior prom is one of my best memories in high school. It was mostly a once-in-a-lifetime experience to try out.

757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpGrth0IZAo

I attended senior prom. The senior prom took place at the Imperia, which is located in Somerset, NJ. The Imperia is a banquet hall. It is a good place for weddings. My high school used this banquet hall for the senior prom. It has a ballroom. The ballroom has a dance floor. There are tables and chairs. Outside of the ballroom is a stairwell. My classmates, friends, and I were not allowed to go up further. We could only stand on the stairwell to take pictures. Outside of the Imperia is a gazebo. I recalled a lot of people standing near it to take pictures. I was telling one of my friends to hurry up because a lot of classmates were waiting. A few of them smiled when I said that because they saw that I was being considerate.

We danced to a lot of songs that the DJ played on the dancefloor. They played dance music and romantic songs. I did not know all the songs that the DJ played. I was surprised that there were some songs that my classmates and friends knew that I did not expect them to know. It is funny that they were into these simple, nostalgic songs. There came the time when all couples had to come to the dancefloor. Our romantic prom song of that time was “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran. To be honest, it was the best one out of all the other choices.

I would not say that senior prom is one of my best memories in high school. It was mostly a once-in-a-lifetime experience to try out. There might be something there I might miss out on. At least I get to explore a new place and do something with my classmates and friends for one night before we all have to graduate.