Stress Relief Through A Stressful Holiday Season
Holidays

15 Self-Care Methods To Get You Through This Holiday Season

The holidays are always accompanied by some type of stress but there are plenty of ways to cope and live a stress-free holiday season.

87

The Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons always leads to a bustle of activity that often adds stress to the already busy schedule of everyone's life.

These are some festive ways of self-care to make sure that this holiday season doesn't become too overwhelming for you.

Take a bubble bath

You can light some candles and even invest in some fancy bath salts or bubbles.

Listen to some classical music

Classical music has been used by multiple people as a stress reliever for its calming melodies and what better time to listen to it than around the holiday season?

Spend time with friends and family

This may not be for everybody because people may have stressful families but holiday get-togethers may be a form of cheer this season that will allow you to forget all of your worries and focus on the love that surrounds you.

Eat great food

The holiday season means holiday meals so fill yourself with turkey and pies!

Decorate for the holiday season

Some people enjoy decorating the Christmas tree and the rest of their place, so grab some decorations and let your creative side go wild.

Visit a Christmas themed park

There are Christmas festivals at various theme parks in various areas around the world like Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, and Disney world.

Sing some Christmas carols

Everyone loves Christmas music during this time of the year, especially the classic ones like "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

Watch Classic Christmas movies

Some of the favorites are "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "Elf," and "The Polar Express." So, grab a bag of popcorn and a cup of hot cocoa and relax.

Drink Hot Cocoa or Egg Nog

These are classic holiday drinks to get you in the christmas spirit.

Go holiday shopping, for yourself.

Take advantage of those holiday deals and buy things for yourself because you deserve it.

Take holiday photos

Have someone take pictures of you with Santa, Christmas lights, or a festive Christmas tree. Be fun and let that holiday cheer shine through that smile of yours.

Make a Gingerbread House

A great mindless way to stay creative and stay festive for the holiday season.

Volunteer your time this holiday season

Whether it's volunteering by giving to Toys For Tots or volunteering at a local soup kitchen, the holiday season is all about giving back and it's sure to boost your mood.

Bake Christmas Cookies

This is perfect because you can decorate them and eat them after.

Treat yourself to a Spa Day

Make time for yourself to get a massage, a mani/pedi, or just a facial. Have a "you" day and just focus on giving your body what it really deserves — pampering!