Self Care Is The Best Care Because You Need To Unplug Sometimes

Self Care Is The Best Care Because You Need To Unplug Sometimes

Taking care of yourself is one of the most important things you can do for you.

40
Chilling and reading
https://unsplash.com/photos/s4aOPAJ4v0E

Throughout our lives, we go and see people who help take care of us, doctors, dentists, therapists, and so on. These annual checkups are important and are beneficial to your health. But one thing that is crucial to maintaining a good overall health is self-care. We often overlook or dismiss self-care, but it is actually really beneficial; it is necessary for your emotional, mental and physical well-being.

Self-care is anything that we do that helps us decompress from life's stressors. Self care is something that helps us calm down and step away from reality for a bit. It can really be anything that helps you relax, there is no real right or wrong way to do self-care.

You should try and work it into your daily schedule or at least make time to do some self-care a few times a week. Some small ways to incorporate self-care into your daily routine is by eating a piece of your favorite candy after lunch, having a cup of tea when you get home, working out before you go to work, or playing your favorite playlist when you are in the car. Here are some more ways you can do self-care...

Watch a movie or some TV

Unsplash

https://unsplash.com/photos/PpYOQgsZDM4

Whether you stay at home and watch tv in your bed or go out to the movie theater, both things are excellent ways to get in some self-care. When you are watching something you can let your mind relax. Instead of thinking of everything you have to do and your mind is just focusing on what you are watching.

Go hiking or take a walk

I am not a big nature girl, but I do enjoy taking walks, while as my roommate loves to hike. We both agreed that these activities help us clear our minds and de-stress. These activities get your blood flowing, help you connect with nature and let you escape from school or work. You can do this with friends, or by yourself. You might even enjoy yourself more by listening to a book, a podcast or some music while you walk/hike.

Bake something 

Unsplash

https://unsplash.com/photos/L27M4LazH4g

Baking is a great way to unwind, and you don't have to be a chef to do it! Pinterest has tons of easy and delicious recipes to follow. Baking is really fun to do with your friends or family, and even if whatever your making turns out horrible its still good because you will probably have a good time trying to figure out the recipe. Another obvious reason why baking is amazing is that you make food - and everyone loves food! So with baking, you get to clear your mind and have a delicious treat afterward.

Read

Reading is a fantastic way to do some self-care. When you read you are transported to another place, and you can get immersed in it. This is a nice quiet activity that you can do so you can have some you time. It allows you to take a break from your life and its craziness.

Sweat it out through a work out

Working out is not only great for your physical well being but it is also a great way for self-care. When you work out your body releases endorphins, which help keep you awake and stay positive. This is really beneficial so you can blow off steam and get out any aggression or anger that you have.

Listen to music

Unsplash

https://unsplash.com/photos/1oKxSKSOowE

Music is a great way to sneak in some self-care, you can listen to music at almost anytime. Make new playlists with any new or old music you find, so you can pick one and listen to whatever fits your mood at different times. Listen to your favorite artist and just focus on the lyrics or get lost in the rhythm of the song.

Take a drive, get out and go somewhere 

Take a drive it can help clear your head, drive to the beach, to a park, to the mall, a museum, an aquarium, a zoo, go anywhere. It will get you out of the house and it to a new environment, this can help you clear your head and think of new ideas if you are stumped on a project or paper. These things are great because you get to do something fun and exciting, and you are taking care of yourself.