Top 5 Secure Messaging Apps

Top 5 Secure Messaging Apps

What happens to message once you click send? Are your private messages even secure when data breaches are at an all-time high?

Tech companies have started to offer secure messaging apps, so that your personal information and messages won't fall in the wrong hands.

210

Whether you're concerned about your personal messages being read by hackers, government advertisers or the police, full encryption can protect your privacy.

The demand for secure apps have certainly skyrocketed in recent years, and it's no surprise that we're being spoiled with choices and promises of safety.

But from so many options, which secure messaging apps is right for you? Here is some additional info and insights on the most secure apps to help you decide:

Zangi Safe Messenger

With Zangi Safe Messenger's full encryption, your messages get securely sent to that one person (or group) you're communicating with, so only they can read your message. Nobody in between, not even Zangi, has access to your communications. Zangi, one of the most secure messaging apps, keeps your communications private by not storing anything on any servers and by not leaving traces on the Internet. The app works everywhere in the world. Even with crowded Wi-Fi or slow network, Zangi still promise to give you clean and uninterrupted video and voice calls.

Signal

Signal messages and calls are painstakingly engineered to keep your communication secure. They can't read your messages or see your calls, and no one else in between can either. To help you stay private, you don't need a login or password to sign up with Signal, your phone number is enough.

Telegram

Everything in Telegram is encrypted using '256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secure key exchange'. All messages in secret chats use end-to-end encryption, meaning only you and the recipient can read those messages. The desktop version is also available, which doesn't give any third party access to user data, but they do store some of it on their servers.

Wickr

One of the most-used messaging apps among journalists and activists id Wickr, with end-to-end encryption for text messages, videos, pictures and voice messages. Manually delete sent messages or use the self-destruct time for sent messages. Deleted messages can never be recovered. To help you stay private, Wickr also supports screenshot protection so no one will be able to save screenshots of self-destructing messages.

I left the 5th one for you. :slightly_smiling_face: Share your opinion, which one you think is the best among secure messaging apps?