Scenes from Grey's Anatomy Help Me Describe the Beginning of the Semester

The beginning of the semester is all nice and peachy until reality hits.

22
cartermatt

Today was my second day of classes. I must say so far so good. Since we started classes on a Thursday this year at Simmons, I haven't had a full week of classes yet. So it's just the beginning. For the most part, I have everything together and classes are going at the right pace. Life is good. Then reality hit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

1. Looking at some of your textbook prices like:

I'm pretty sure Owen is saying "what" in this scene. These textbooks prices can be ridiculous, especially at the bookstore. The first thing you should do before you buy books from your school's bookstore is check out prices from other places. My go to is Amazon Textbook Rental. It's quite similar to how the bookstore's rental system works but instead of returning it back to the bookstore, you ship it back to Amazon before the deadline. Plus, if you have Prime it's two day shipping!

2. When you look at that one professor's grading system:

Occasionally, we all get that one professor with a strange grading system. You wonder how it is humanely possible to pass their class. Or maybe they don't have a strange grading system but it's just unfair. Personally, if tests are a huge percentage of the final grade, I lose all hope. I'm a horrible test taker.

3. When the sleepless nights begin:

You barely slept for whatever reason and you have to get through all your classes. You don't want to get up from bed and start your day but you have to. It's gonna be a tough day but you'll get through it. Nothing that food and coffee can't fix. Don't forget to take a nap at some point!

4. When you fail your first quiz/test:

Failing a quiz/test seems like the end of the world but it's really not. You get so discouraged about it but It's a learning experience. It just can't become a habit. Your first instinct is maybe this isn't the right class for you but don't give up just yet. Don't be afraid to seek help. Maybe you didn't study enough? You'll know to how to prepare for next time. If you failed because you didn't understand the content then you'll know to seek the resources available to do better next time around. There's always office hours, study groups, and the tutoring center.

5. When you become a complete mess:

You lose track of what day it is. You are so busy with classes because all your professors have thrown work at you. Deadlines are so close together. You can't remember the last time you had a full night's sleep or a decent. You are still hanging on though. Then your friends and family ask you to hang out and you just give them this answer. Remember that long weekends and thanksgiving break are coming up though!

Despite being busy with school and maybe even work, it's important that you make time in your schedule to relax! You don't want to burn yourself out!