Why don't I want gifts this year?

This Winter, I Wouldn't Want Santa To Visit Me

I'd rather send him to my loved ones on the other side of the world.

140

Yes, you read it right! I think Christmas came by early for me this year and happiness was bestowed without me asking with an elaborate list.

With a chance to start a new life in a new land with a bunch of new people as warm as my own family, I think Christmas came in early for me.

So I would want Santa to instead go to every person who brought a smile on my face this year. I would want him to bestow on them love, laughter, and prosperity.

I want Santa to tell them, that they are special to me and are cared for. To tell them, that I really appreciate the sacrifices made and efforts taken by them to give me this wonderful life.

I want him to tell them that nothing in this world can replace their place in my heart. To tell them that I sometimes miss their warmth around me. But that, I'll be fine; that I'm learning to be so.

Pexels.com

That they'll be proud to see a changed me but I shall always be their same old daughter, sister, cousin, friend.

I want him to go to the ones who are no more physically present with me or around me to witness my journey. Because I know they are watching me too from a far place. I want him to tell them that I miss them. But that I'll be fine.

I want him to go to the ones who comforted me in a cold, hostile new place. I want him to tell them that someone prays for their happiness too!

I want Santa to also go to the ones who doubted me and tell them that it's okay. It's okay to be insecure for yourself but not to dump that on others. Nevertheless that everything will be fine. And give them a reason to smile too.