The Rutgers Chi Alpha Women's Conference Is All About Being Wild And Free
College Greek

The Rutgers Chi Alpha Women's Conference Was All About Being Wild And Free

You are not too much or too little. You are simply enough!

325
Elena Paxton

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Chi Alpha's Women's Conference on April 5th. We heard from a panel of inspiring Christian women, worshiped the Lord together, and heard from Pastor Nicole Schreiber, of Erie First Assemblies of God in Erie, PA. The conference was all about the role of Christian women in ministry and the world. The book that inspired the conference is entitled "Wild and Free" by Jessica Connolly.

There seems to be a stigma surrounding women that makes us feel like sometimes we're too much and other times we're not enough. But the central theme of the book is that we can walk wildly in who God created us to be and rest freely in what Jesus has done and continues to do for us. You are not too much or too little. You are simply enough!

Pastor Schreiber's message addressed our insecurities and identity and how lies from the enemy can distort both of these things. Insecurity is feeling uncomfortable in your own skin. If you do not find your value in God, you will feel insecure, and your identity will be distorted.

The truth is that the enemy is so insecure about his identity that he will do anything to destroy yours. Lucifer became unhappy with his identity, and he wanted to be equal to or above God, but that could never happen. He was unable to find his identity and insecurities ruled his life, and he wants the same for you.

The devil can only lie so anything he says can't be true and the power of a lie is that it doesn't need to be true to destroy you, you just have to believe it. When Pastor Schreiber said that I was shocked, I had never heard that said before, but it is so true. If the devil can only lie then when he tells you that you're too fat, too short, too tall, too ugly, too smart, or too dumb he is wrong. Knowing that is so powerful because it empowers us as women to reject those statements for the lies that they are.

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." So why do we give other people the power to make us feel inferior? And who in our lives has too much power over our identity? Take back that power and return it to the one who loves you more than anything, Jesus Christ.