9 Quotes that will Make You Love Romantic Comedies

9 Memorable Quotes From Romantic Comedies That Will Make You Smile

Who cares if you're spending Valentines Day watching Rom-Coms, the quotes are great.

180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaoL4JUHKM

Valentine's Day is upon us and drug stores and supermarkets are filled with heart-shaped treats and decorated out in pink and red hearts. Adorable right? Not so much.

A day that is supposed to be all about love has been transformed into a commercialized holiday driven by anxiety about what to get your significant other, or what to do if you're flying solo for this holiday. Regardless of your thoughts on this pink invested holiday, here are nine quotes from romantic comedies that can always make you smile.

1. "But if I'm going to be a partner in a law firm by the time I'm 30, I need a boyfriend who's not a complete bonehead." - Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde"

What better way to begin than with everyone's favorite blonde. I think we all cheered when Elle proved to Warner she was more than a blonde and made him look like a complete fool. I loved this movie so much I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. That fantasy might have ended, but Legally Blonde is still one of my favorite movies of all time.

2. "I have to crack this guy. I mean this is Defcon 5, and I have to do something truly appalling. It's not funny."- Andie in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"

You have to give Andie some props. She went out of her way to get Ben to dump her. One of the funniest romantic comedies of all time, no list would be complete without a quote from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

3. "Resolution #1: Ughh - will obviously lose 20 lbs. #2 Always put last night's panties in the laundry basket. Equally important: will find a nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workaholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits, or perverts. Will especially stop fantasizing about a particular person who embodies all these things." - Bridget in "Bridget Jones's Diary"

We have all been there, knowing a guy is wrong for you but still can't stop thinking about them. Thankfully we have Bridget to remind us we are not alone.

4. "I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you every day for a year." - Young Noah in "The Notebook"

True, no romance will be as grand or heartbreaking as Allie and Noah's but remember it was the 40's. Granted you are guaranteed to bawl your eyes out over this movie but that's why it is a romantic movie, although I do not know if it falls under the comedy section. Where are those types of guys today who write beautiful letters every day. What would that even be like in today's world? Texting is just not the same.

5. "Because you're smart. Because you don't take any crap from people. You're funny. You're easy to talk to when you're not armed. Look, give yourself a break. Cut Vic and the other pageant ladies some slack cause if they ever get a chance to see what I see then... they're gonna love you."  - Eric Matthews in "Miss Congeniality"

This is the moment when every watcher started shipping Eric and Gracie. A badass FBI agent dating another agent, how great is that? Miss Congeniality is my all time favorite romantic comedy and this has to be one of my favorite scenes.

6. "That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket." - Cheryl, Miss Rhode Island in "Miss Congeniality"

This quote, however, is my favorite. Let's throw ideas about moonlight walks, or walks on the beach out the window. Let's pick a favorite day of the year and go with that anytime someone asks you about your ideal date.

7. "Well, for starters, you can get your stubborn ass down here and give me a divorce." - Melanie Carmichael in "Sweet Home Alabama"

and

8. "The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back," - Melanie Carmichael in "Sweet Home Alabama"

These two quotes together are the best. What a long way these two lovebirds go in the movie.

9. "I love you, Matt. You're my best friend." - Jenna in "13 going on 30"

Who didn't cry when Matt went through with his wedding in 13 going on 30. If people didn't love the movie than it wouldn't have been used in Thank U, Next. Matt and Jenna's friendship is the best part of the movie. Granted it seriously skewed my high-school experience, but I still love this movie. Not to mention, it was the first rom-com I ever saw, this list wouldn't be complete without it.

Whether you are spending Valentine's Day with someone or binging on Rom-Coms enjoy a day where you can feel guilt-free when devouring chocolate.