Robin Williams Widow Says Depression Did Not Kill Kim

What really did?

24

In August 2014, the world lost an amazing comedian and icon, Robin Williams. It has been reported and confirmed that he committed suicide.

The world stood still for the day, or should I say week, he passed.

Zelda, Cody, Zak, and his most recent wife and now widow, Susan, have tried to get their life back on track since the passing of their beloved Robin.

Susan and her family have been trying to cope with the loss, but Susan said that she knew something was off months leading up to the suicide. Robin was not himself. She reported that every day felt like a living nightmare.

She could not escape what was to come.

But she never thought Williams would result to suicide. He had his moments, but something definitely came before the suicide act. Physically, not mentally.

She knew it was not depression nor a relapse of his drug and alcohol addiction.

According to CNN, and the doctors autopsy on Williams, he suffered from Lewy body condition.

Nearly one million Americans have this disease, and it is the second most common dementia.

"LBD is caused when normal proteins in the brain begin to aggregate, forming clumps called Lewy bodies that, as they spread, "muck up the ability for the brain to transmit signals," said Cleveland Clinic neurologist Dr. James Levering. Like Alzheimer's disease, symptoms of LBD include cognitive problems like confusion, reduced attention span, and memory loss, Taylor said," (CNN).

This added on to his Parkinson's disease diagnosis in 2014. And Susan knew that there was something adding to it.

"Lewy body dementia killed Robin," she told Robach in a CNN interview.

Susan was also able to see Williams when he passed. She said that she forgives him for what he did and knows the disease got to him.