Roadblocks Aren't The End, But Rather A New Beginning

Roadblocks Are Not The End, They Are New Beginnings

The future is bright if you keep pushing through the hard times.

50

Life is not always easy. We all know this. It doesn't always go as planned. Sometimes things happen that don't make sense. They have no rhyme or reason; no logic behind them.

But whether we like it or not, life keeps going on when things go array or don't meet our expectations. What we have to learn is to not let these things bring us down, no matter how hard it is.

These roadblocks are always different. Sometimes they're small and somewhat insignificant. Sometimes they're big life decisions that could have a huge impact on your life and the lives of those around you. No matter what though, it still hurts when they don't work out how you want or imagined.

It's easy to feel discouraged, to feel defeated at times. But it's OK to be disappointed when things don't always work out. That's normal. Sometimes things just suck. The thing to take away from these instances, however, is to not let that disappointment take over, no matter how difficult.

I know for me personally, I am incredibly hard on myself. No one has higher expectations for me than me, which is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, it motivates me to push myself and always keep going. While on the other hand, it sometimes leaves me disappointed and upset when things don't match up to what I hoped.

I have struggled with taking those roadblocks as not being good enough. I wonder what I could have done to be enough and then the internal battle ensues. But what I need to do, and am working on, are taking these setbacks, not as an attack on myself, but experiences to learn from.

When you don't get that dream job, or get into your top choice school, or even when you don't get invited to something, it doesn't mean you're not good enough. It means there are better opportunities waiting for you out there. You just have to recognize them.

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, that there has to be some lesson to be learned, even when it's hard to go through or understand what the point is. Sometimes that seems accurate, sometimes it doesn't. But life is about learning and growing from our experiences.

It's OK to be sad. It's OK to cry when things get tough or don't go how you dreamed they would. It's OK to feel down. But you have to get back up and keep pushing.

We often hear the saying, "God gives us what we can handle." I truly believe that. You are strong. You are tough. You can handle it. No matter how hard it seems or how defeated you feel, it will be OK.

Even though it may be hard at times, I know my future will be bright. I will get through the sad times - those moments when I second guess myself. I am enough and I will be OK. No matter what roadblocks come my way, I will overcome and see the bright future ahead.

And so will you.