If You're Fed Up With Trump Haters, I'm Not Sorry

Sorry, not sorry for being against Trump

43
Vlad Tchompalov

The other day I stumbled upon your article https://www.theodysseyonline.com/rachels-unpopular... I and just have to say wow. You missed many, many points but don't worry - I will point those out.

You start off by saying liberal is supposed to mean different, progressive, and controversial. First of all, I don't know how liberal and controversial align with each other. In my opinion controversial better aligns with politics or even the Trump administration. Second, different and progressive of course is something liberals are proud of but one of our main ideologies is tolerance… Something the Right could use a little more of.

In your first paragraph, you also go on to explain how everyone is pretty much the same and how liberals all think the same. Well has it occurred to you that maybe if people classify themselves as liberals it means they pretty much do think the same way? I don’t understand how that is a bad thing.

Finally, you go on to state your two main opinions, now let's look at that first opinion. You stated “He [Trump] is our president people. Like it or not, he's our president." Yes, you are correct he is our president. Does that mean we have to respect him? Absolutely not. I respect the powers he has as president but I do not respect him as a man and I will never call him my president because he simply doesn't respect me. I am a proud Latina and Trump has threatened my identity as both a woman and a Hispanic.

You go on to explain how millennials don't back their argument with facts which is a bit ironic because when has your president ever done that? You want some facts? How about the fact that Donal Trump Tweeted “Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and hispanics-a tough subject-must be discussed.” You know what that tweet looks like? Racism. Remember this, you choose what you see and read, the facts are out there but ignorance and close mindedness results in blindness of those facts.

Finally lets talk about that last opinion, you stated: You said; “People’s reaction to terrorist attacks make me roll my eyes”. You go on to explain how you are all for helping other people, (which again their is irony judging that your president didn't care when thousands of refugees children were being slaughtered and did nothing to help) but love isn't going to stop terrorist groups. Don't get me wrong love isn't going to take down ISIS alone but you know what love does do? It helps rebuild and unite communities, It shows ISIS that no matter how hard they try love will always outshine hate and that is a powerful message.

My biggest issue with your argument is when you brought up the travel ban and how we need to not trash the ban because it seems “offensive”. I don't think the travel ban is just offensive the travel ban directly violates many many policies. Have you ever heard of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965? It specifically forbids discrimination based on nationality, place of birth, or place of residence. The travel ban is targeting peoples' place of birth and their place of residence. Once again you choose to simply assume people aren't for the travel ban for one reason instead of actually listening to the facts we have to back our arguments.

I have to say what you said towards the end of your article left me stunned. You stated “It seems like we’re constantly defending the offenders and blaming the victims.” I am sorry but how is this at all true? I have never heard any one, including liberals or conservatives, defend ISIS or any other terrorist group. Also, how has anyone ever blamed the victims? We stand with the victims we support the victims, and we give our love to the victims.

To use your words… Bottom line is if you are fed up with Trump haters I'm not sorry. we are fed up with the Trump administration but guess what? The resistance is going to keep rising and if you have an issue with that then how about you go tweet about it because I am sure your president will.