10 Reminders For College Students As We Begin A New Semester

Spring semester is here and ready to rock, so let's get ready to roll.

60

It is always daunting beginning a new semester, so here are ten things to keep in mind as we kickoff spring 2022!

1. Prioritize yourself

It is very easy in today's college world to get caught up in all sorts of things trying to stack your resume and develop professionally while still squeezing in time for the things we love. Don't forget to love yourself. You, as a human, need time to recharge, in whatever capacity that may be, and no one can take that away from you, not even your education.

2. Find a note-taking system that works for you

For me, handwritten, color-coded notes work best for me to retain information and to be able to easily navigate my notes when studying later on. No one way is right or wrong, you just have to figure out what works for you!

3. It's OK to say 'no'

I find it very difficult to say no and am constantly adding things to my plate — I would not recommend this! It's OK to say no when too much becomes too much; you just have to recognize and accept your own limits.

4. Use the cheapest options for your books

Buying books at the start of the semester is always a massive hit to my bank account, so make sure you do your research so that you can save the most money!

5. Hang out with your friends

College is hard. School is hard. But classes aren't everything. For your own health and sanity, make sure you spend time with your friends.

6. Drink lots of water

There is no reason to send yourself into a dehydration episode amidst all that goes on while away at college.

7. Exercise

Being active and exercising regularly is good for all aspects of your health!

8. Remember to eat

I have found in my college experience that mealtime very silently passes by and it can become very easy to forget to eat, but a well-balanced diet is essential to performance and survival!

9. Sleep is crucial

People in college just don't sleep? And then get sick or miss class. Your life and your grades will be better if you have a regular and healthy sleep schedule.

10. Enjoy it!!!!

College can really suck sometimes, but it's only a small chunk of your life. Don't forget to make the most of it, because before you know it, it will be over!