Registering For Classes As Told By "The Office"

For when your academic advisement just isn't enough.

7
fortfuego

It's that time of the semester again! For some people, registering for classes is the highlight of the semester, but for others, it can be an all out hunger games. There are a lot of ups and downs in the journey of class registration, leaving you a bundle of excited and nervous energy! But have no fear, Dunder Mifflin is here to walk you through it!

1. So let's start with scheduling a meeting with your academic advisor.

It's at this dreaded meeting that you realize just how confused you actually are about what classes to take and how many credits you have left to fulfill.

2. They'll give you your priority number and then you'll realize how long you'll have to wait to register.

It always seems so, so devastatingly low.

3. But then you'll happily realize that it can only go up from here.

Seniority definitely has its perks. But all good things require patience, so all you can do is wait until your moment comes.

4. So you spend your free time making all the spreadsheets possible.

It's very possible that you'll spend way too much time on UIS looking up classes to add and trying to avoid the dreaded 7:30am classes. You might end up making multiple Microsoft excel documents to create backup plans too, just in case something happens.

5. This will lead you to searching through ratemyprofessor.com for that easy A.

You'll find the most amazing class but then see that the professor available has mixed reviews. You then have to contemplate which rating is the most accurate and is actually worth paying attention to. But you won't know for sure...so let's just put that class in our backup plan spreadsheet.

6. Finally, it's the day of registration.

You probably thought that you were all ready and set for this glorious day, but trust me, registration sneaks up on you.

7. You'll constantly be checking to see how many seats are left in the classes you want.

As the number slowly dwindles down, your anxiety will surely spike up. The fact that you can't do anything about it until you register definitely adds to to the pressure.

8. Fast forward and now it's a minute before your registration time begins.

You keep hitting that refresh button because you never know for sure when UIS will let you begin.

9. After successfully logging in, you immediately search for your classes, claiming that last seat in the class you wanted most.

You remember exactly how to get to the class option you want because you've probably been practicing in the few minutes before registration began. Once you claim that last seat, you might mentally be saying "sorry" to the other students out there who wanted that seat too, but we all know you aren't.

10. Then you look up another class and see that someone did the same exact thing to you.

Karma can be a real jerk sometimes...but it's okay! Why? Because you had that backup plan!

11. Finally you finish planning the most perfect schedule you could possibly create.

You're all done registering and definitely feel like a queen (or king!). Now all you have to do is twiddle your thumbs until you can actually live out the beautiful creation that is your next semester's schedule.

Happy registration and may the odds of getting the classes you want be ever in your favor!