Reflection of my sophomore year of college
Life Stages

A Reflection Of My Sophomore Year Of College

Progress has been made and I will continue to grow

163
Kelsey Hirsch

Thank god it's over. Honestly this past year has been one of the best and worst years of my life to date. I have met some people I wish to keep connections with, but I have also let go of people I hope to never see again.

You see at the beginning of this year I felt that life was pointless, meaningless even. Why is life so repetitive? I thought this, as well as how is it possible to be happy in life? These are questions I still struggle to answer, but without this past year I would still be bewildered to the purpose of life.

Everyone has been put on earth to accomplish something, whether it be the next president or just to live as happily as possible. Now that I have finally figured out what I wish to do with my life, I need to learn how to embrace my passion as my own. I need to be more open with people and communicate my thoughts and feelings. These are a few things I wish to accomplish in my junior year.

I hope to continue to grow as a student and as a person. I hope that I continue to find things that put light in my life and make it shine a little brighter than I thought was possible.

At the beginning of this year, I felt that nothing I did was good enough. There was a constant sadness deep inside and I couldn't figure out why it still resided there.

I continued to release toxicity from my day-to-day life. I have decided that the most important person in my life to me is me. Not to sound selfish, but I hope that I continue to put myself first more often. This past year this was especially hard.

This year of college brought brand new challenges. As I continued to excel in school, I felt people leaving my side left and right. Some blamed me for the wrong they are going through, others believed their relationship was the only thing that was important to them. Some even dumped me as a friend for absolutely no reason at all.

This past year I learned what it meant to have true friends in your life. True friends that have your dad's number on speed dial in case I'm having a bad night. Friends that help me in my times of need and vice versa. Friends who give me constructive, yet powerful criticism to help me go about in life.

I've learned to never settle for less than how my life is going right now. I have also learned to make decisions for myself, and to be confrontational; not too confrontational but more than my usual.

I have learned to appreciate my good days. I have learned to take care of myself on the bad days. I learned that not everyone is going to like me, and that is ok. I learned that everyone will have their very own personalized sparkling opinion of me, but the only opinion that truly matters is my own. And I love me. I'm pretty great. I have progressed so much since the beginning of my college career and I'm proud of myself.

Junior year is the year to prosper and find myself more than I already have. Junior year will be a successful one. A year surrounded by friend and family that actually career about me. I will no longer try to reach out to the past. I will only look for the future.