A Reflection Of My Freshman Year

A Reflection Of My Freshman Year

Where did the time go?

5
A Reflection Of My Freshman Year
Cedar Crest College

It seemed like yesterday I was at orientation getting well adjusted with the campus I would soon attend. It is crazy to think that in a few short days I will have completed my freshman year of college. There is so much I have learned and experienced in these past months. I look forward to the years to come and I know with a blink of the eye, I will be graduating with my degree. One goal I am setting for myself is to become more involved. Every college student should take a chance to participate in something new.

First, I think it is important to be thankful for my wonderful professors who helped me adjust to college classes. I am fortunate to attend a school that is focused on the success of every student. There were numerous opportunities to catch up and understand the work in class. I also learned that it is okay not to always get an A on every single test or assignment. If you try put a good effort into all your work, you will pass the toughest of classes. For the most part, I enjoyed all of my classes. It definitely was an adjustment getting used to all the assignments and morning lectures.

Another major change this year was getting used to my independence. I could make choices to attend all the extraordinary events on campus and have time to explore other passions. It is completely mind blowing to realize how much power you have to create your future. In addition, all the people I have met made my first year in college worthwhile. Everyone was friendly and it is neat to meet individuals from different backgrounds. We are all becoming one big community. I also felt as though you get past the petty drama that used to happen in high school. I cannot wait to get even more acquainted with other future nurses.

If there was one "negative" aspect that I experienced during my freshman year, is that I realized I did miss a lot of my friends and all the activities we used to do together. Distance makes friendships both stronger and weaker but that never stops me from reaching out to them on stressful nights. The greatest part about the upcoming summer break is being able to reconnect with all those wonderful people. Plus, it always feels nice to return home.

Overall, I feel very fortunate for all the experiences, relationships, and opportunities I have encounter this year. Can it really only be 3 more years till I graduate? (Given I survive finals week) There is so much I enjoyed about this year and I have no idea what to expect down the road. All I do know is that whatever happens, everything will turn out okay in the end.