Recipe: Easy Chicken Marsala

Recipe: Easy Chicken Marsala

In 4 Simple Steps

35
Recipe: Easy Chicken Marsala

Anyone that really knows me knows that I love to cook. Aside from writing and being on the water, cooking is one of my favorite things to do. I love trying new recipes and coming up with some on my own. In this article, I’m featuring one of my all-time favorite things to cook, Chicken Marsala. I literally have these ingredients in my fridge on a regular basis because I cook this so often. I found the original recipe in a magazine a few years ago. I’ve since tweaked it to fit my personal palette. This recipe is tried and true. It’s also one of my go-to recipes when I want to impress. Paired with my favorite Taittinger sparkling wine, this delicious dish will be a hit at your next dinner.

**Disclaimer: I’m not the best at measuring so the quantities below are to be used as moderate guides that may be suited to your taste. I suggest starting with small amounts, therefore, you can add more, if desired.

What You’ll Need

4 Boneless, skinless (organic) chicken breasts

2-4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter or margarine

2-4 Tablespoons of Olive oil

½ cup Marsala wine

¼ cup White wine ( you can use cooking or drinking wine, I use a Sherry cooking wine)

Mushrooms (any that you prefer. I looooove plain, white mushrooms, rinsed & sliced)

1 Vidalia onion (rinsed and sliced) Or Shallots, if you’re really fancy

All-purpose flour (just enough to coat your chicken)

Italian seasoning salt

1-2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)

A few sprigs of fresh parsley (to make it look fancy)

What You’ll Need to Do

1.First, I start by pounding my chicken breasts, unless you by thinner cuts. Rinse them and lightly coat them in flour.

2.Heat your olive oil in a non-stick pan to medium heat and brown your chicken on each side. Set aside.

3.Using the drippings in the pan, add your butter, mushrooms, onions and wine and bring heat to medium-high heat, briefly, until vegetables are tender. You may add a sprinkle of flour, if you prefer a thicker roux. Season to taste.

4.Add your chicken back to the roux and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Add garlic. Garnish with parsley.

I typically serve this dish with skin-on red creamed potatoes and a green vegetable like asparagus, edamame or fresh steamed broccoli or green beans.

This recipe is quick and as easy as 1-2-3-4.

Bon appetite!