Best podcasts

I have recently spent a lot of time in the car. Road trips for traveling, back and forth from school, and just the day-to-day driving from work and school.

And as big of a fan of music as I am, when you're on a long road trip or listening to the same Spotify playlist every time you get in the car, it can sometimes get old.

My boyfriend Jaxson and I were in the car for a 5 and a half hour drive to Savannah, Georgia for our fall break vacation. And as fun as it is talking and listening to throwback tunes, he suggested something that could make our road trip a little more fun.

He suggested listening to a podcast. At first, just the thought of hearing people talk for 5 hours already bored me; but I decided to give it a chance.

I'm a writer and a communication major so it is no surprise that I love a good discussion, conversation, and debate. I just needed to find one that would spark my interest.

I browsed on the Apple Podcast app for a show that might catch my eye. Under the comedy category,' U Up?' by Betches Media immediately caught my eye with their brightly colored cartoon logo and the short description of what the podcast was all about. To make my discovery a long story short, within the first few minutes of the podcast we were hooked and listened to the 'U Up?' podcast for the rest of the car ride.

'U Up?' is a modern-day dating podcast presented by Betches Media and hosted by the hilarious Jordana Abraham and Jared Freid. In their multiple segments, they discuss everything from dating issues and relationship advice to odd sexual encounters and dates sent in by viewers.

The two hosts together make a hysterical pair and their comments on viewer dating experiences keep me laughing the entire show. Not only is the podcast entertaining because of the comedy aspect, but it is also so relatable- especially to millennials.

With episode titles such as "What's The Best Way To Get Someone To Stop Texting You?" "Can You Start A Real Relationship From An Instagram Thirst Trap?" and "Is It Okay To Ask How Many People They've Slept With?" when it comes to swoon topics- this podcast has it all.

Having both the male and the female perspective from Jared and Jordana, makes the podcast relatable to everyone. Jared's sarcastic and raunchy humor mixed with Jordana's blunt point of view where she isn't scared to say all the things girls do but never want to admit, you're bound to find a common point of view.

So next time you are on a road trip with your friends, trying to think of anything to get you through that 30 minutes on the elliptical, or can't find anything to watch on TV- I highly recommend giving 'U Up?' a listen.

I promise you won't regret it.