Receiving Presents in your Mid-20s

Receiving Presents in your Mid-20s

Kitchenware is essential.

5
Receiving Presents in your Mid-20s

As a young kid, toys were always an essential gift to get during Christmas. But as you got older, your need for toys transitioned into the latest and greatest fashion trends or electronics. And still, as you get into your mid-20s cooking appliances, new bedding, sock and underwear, truly get you pumped for Christmas.

As a 22 year old last year, I received a gift that made me Tiger Woods fist pump. No, it wasn't the new iPhone, or an Xbox One/PS4, but it was a new crock pot. Huge. And to top it off, I got flannel bed sheets. FINALLY, I can sleep in my basement bedroom without freezing to death in the middle of the night.

While getting the new electronics and fashions for Christmas as great, nothing will ever top the excitement of tearing wrapping paper that reveals a new pair of socks or underwear, because one can never have enough socks and undies. Although, my mother will debate that I have enough... Sorry, but no I don't. I have enough to last me a week. And that's not enough. I change underwear, sometimes twice-a-day due to my loyalty to working out. But that is neither here nor there.

In all, embrace the undies, socks, cooking appliances, and new bedding. It's all essential to our well-being as we move forward in life. I hope this year I get some pots and pans. Merry Christmas everybody!