There is nothing wrong with New Jersey. When I mention New Jersey, the first thing out-of-state people say is, "OMG Ew, 'Jersey Shore' ew!!" As a matter of fact, New Jersey is one of the better states to live in. Still not amazed about how great New Jersey is? Well, maybe these 28 reasons may change your mind:
1. Diners Are the Only Restaurants You Ever Need
The Tick Tock Diner may be the diner that takes all the headlines and fame, but almost without exception, every diner in Jersey is amazing. I spent more time at the Chester Diner during high school than you can imagine.
2. Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese, Salt, Pepper, Ketchup on a Roll
3. You Know in Your Heart North Jersey Is Way Better than South Jersey.
I’m kinda biased. I grew up in Mendham. Near Morristown. The better half of Jersey. 😉 A legitimate point of contest is exactly where South Jersey starts. That’s a debate for someone above my pay grade.
4. The Bagels
New York may think they have the best bagels, but that’s only because they are too stuck up to come across the bridge. O Bagel in Basking Ridge is my current obsession, but I’ve heard good things from friends about bagels at Bagel Pantry in South Plainfield.
5. No Pizza Compares to NJ Pizza
Deep dish pizza isn’t pizza; it’s sauce bread. California Pizza Kitchen is a crime against humanity. Every town has quality pizza, but check out Sam’s Pizza Palace down the shore or Star Tavern in North Jersey.
6. It’s Called the Garden State for a Reason
Fresh NJ corn in the summer at the shore? Yes, please.
7. You Went to the Shore Every Summer as Much as Humanly Possible
8. You Know the Cast of Jersey Shore Is from Freakin Staten Island
9. You Let People Judge NJ by the Turnpike and Parkway Near New York City & Newark
10. You Know the Giants and Jets Are Actually New Jersey Teams
11. Kenyon Martin, Jason Kidd, and Richard Jefferson Were the Original Big Three
12. The Greatest Team Ever to Win the Little League Series Came from Toms River, NJ
I remember thinking there would never be another little league team like Toms River. And I was right.
13. It’s a Common Fact that Boston SUX
14. It’s Pronounced Mario Not Maaaario
15. Jersey Girls Don’t Pump Gas
16. The Liberty Science Center = Real Life Magic
17. The Teachers’ Convention in November Means New Jersey Goes to Florida
The only question is exactly where to go in Florida.
18. Bruce and Bon Jovi Are Gods Among Men
19. PNC Bank Arts Center Is a Rite of Passage
20. WaWa Isn’t Just a Store, It’s a Way of Life
21. You Know What Exit You Lived Off the Parkway
22. NJ Is the Only State that Can Elicit a Cheer at a Bar from Every True Blood
23. We All Know, Everyone Actually Wants to Live Here.
24. Why Would You Want to Live in New York City When You Have this In Hoboken for 1/2 the Price?
25. We Aren’t All in the Mob
26. Oh Yea, I Haven’t Even Mentioned Frank Sinatra Yet
27. We Have Our Own Devil
28. And, Again, for Emphasis, the Shore Is the Greatest Place, Ever
New Jersey never gets the attention or appreciation it deserves. We may be small but we sure are mighty!!