5 Reasons I Love My Internship

5 Reasons I Love My Internship

I found something I'm truly passionate about.

46
5 Reasons I Love My Internship

This summer I dipped my toes into the water and experienced a taste of what the adult life is truly like. I accepted an internship that pertains to the field I am studying at my university. A million thoughts crossed my mind when I started, as well as a million fears. What if I don't like it? What if this isn't for me? What if I can't do it?

I am now 6 weeks into my internship ( halfway done) and I can honestly say I have never been happier. So, here are 5 reasons why I LOVE my internship.

1. I'm getting hands-on experience

Courtney Gutkowski

College typically consists of learning inside a classroom from one professor. At my internship, I am able to engage with fellow reporters, photographers, and citizens. I'm actually participating as opposed to sitting back and listening to someone else.

2. I'm understanding what the job actually entails

Courtney Gutkowski

While you'e in college you tend to only listen to lectures and read from textbooks. At my internship, I'm doing things I would do if I were to get hired upon graduation, which is incredibly beneficial.

3. I'm making connections

Courtney Gutkowski

Working at a news station has allowed me to meet so many people in the business, who can potentially help me advance further in my career in the future. It's important to form relationships with people who have experienced similar things.

4. I've gained more confidence in myself

Courtney Gutkowski

Prior to my internship I was always skeptical and didn't have much confidence in myself. Now, I'm much more comfortable with who I am, and I've learned to face my fears. You won't get very far in life if you don't take risks and go after what you want.

5. I've found a career that will make me happy

Courtney Gutkowski

Every day when I wake up and go to my internship I'm excited for what the day has in store. People always say to choose a job that doesn't feel like work, and I think I'm lucky enough to have found that.