Reasons Not To Give Your Older Siblings Grief

Here are 8 reasons to be thankful for the family you have.

22
pinterest

No matter how people look at it, being the oldest sibling is a hard job. I wish certain people would understand the magnitude of the responsibilities older siblings take on for the younger one. With this list I will explain the top ten reasons why you should thank your older sibling, if you have one.

They will always give you shit about your decisions. But, hey, that's because they made those same stupid decisions and want to give you fair warning. That gives them good reason to say “I told you so…"

They understand the stages you are going through. You will keep telling them that it is different when it is definitely not and then you will have nobody to go to when you want to know how college is. Unless you want to talk to your parent.

They will fight for you. Whether it be with your parents or the girl that keeps talking shit about you, they've got your back! You are still a baby to them!

You will never understand what they are going through. They are doing this life thing almost all on their own. That explains why they are closer to your parents than you will ever be.

They take care of you. They have spent more money on you than they will on themselves.

They will never be perfect. I have heard younger siblings say how perfect the oldest is and that they get amazing grades and whatnot, but I’ll be the first to say I have broken down about my life more than anyone else. So cut your sibling some slack.

They will always have faith in you. I believe that my sisters can do anything if they just set their minds to it. They will treat you like their child because they want you succeed as much as your mom does.

You are the most amazing person to them. You show them that no matter what, you are not just some random kid with the same parent. You give them faith for humanity and you show them that even during the shittiest times in your life you have a smile on your face and that is all they hope for.

Your oldest brother or sister cares so much for you and will always want you to succeed. And when you succeed they become happy. Happy older siblings will stay in your life forever. So, do not take your siblings for granted because you never know when they will leave.