11 Reasons Why Coming Home For The Weekend Is the Best

Usually it is the opposite

38
Carney Team

Being a freshman in college and living in a new area is an “experience.” Yeah, the independence and not living with parents might sound enthralling, but there is something about coming home for the weekend. It is like a reset button from your college life, sometimes school gets hectic and too much goes on. Honestly, going back home is a mini vacation.

1. Home Cooked Meals

There is nothing like eating my mom’s fresh home-cooked meals.

2. Jumping Into My Bed

The first thing I do when I come home is nap in my bed – my cozy queen-sized bed.

3. Car Feels

Unfortunately, I don’t have my car on campus, so reuniting with my car and driving around town is reminiscent.

4. Free Laundry

The feeling you get when you don't have to worry about losing your clothes or having loose change.

5. Unconditional Love

It feels good to have simple conversations with my parents and funny arguments with my sister.

6. Family Friends

There is always a difference between school friends and family friends. My family friends just understand me in a different way.

7. Clean Everything

Clean room, clean bathroom, and clean kitchen equals love.

8. Pet Love

Is there anything better than your dog running and jumping towards you right when you get home?

9. Reuniting With Clothes

Wearing all the clothes I forgot to take to college.

10. Sleeping In

I don’t have to worry about going to class.

11. Local Restaurants

Eating at my favorite spots I used to go to when I was in high school.