A Ranking Of The 5 Top Spots To Get Queso In Texas
food

A Definitive Ranking Of The 5 Top Spots To Get Queso In Texas

Living in Texas for 18 years means tasting A LOT of queso... trust me.

25

I recently went home for spring break and as one does, indulged in the copious amounts of queso Texas has to offer which led to me ranking my top 5 favorite spots to fill my stomach with some gooey melted cheese. Who will come out on top? Stay tuned to find out!

5- Chuy's

First thing's first: being last on the list in no way means this queso is awful, rather it just means it faced tough competition and couldn't get to the top. Chuy's queso is the definition of simplicity- just some delicious melted cheese served with piping hot tortilla chips and I LOVE it

4- Mi Cocina

This is the queso I grew up on and tried so hard to recreate as soon as I could cook in the kitchen without starting a fire. No, it's not my favorite queso but it still holds and special place in my heart-due largely to the red peppers mixed in as well as the paprika sprinkled atop it.

3- Taco Crush

This queso is new to me, as the restaurant is barely 2 years old, however it already has earned the #3 spot on my Top Five list. All hail spicy queso with an equally spicy avocado ranch swirl... a match made in heaven. Bonus points for offering habanero sauce on the side for those who wish to add even more spice and possibly burn their mouths!

2- Velvet Taco

Red Curry Coconut Queso... sounds sketchy in writing but once you hit that chew... whew your world is changed forever. What I love most about this queso is the perfect balance of spice from the curry element and the sweet creaminess from the coconut, truly the world's most dynamic duo.

1- Torchy's Tacos

This may be biased seeing as Torchy's is my favorite place to eat in all of Texas, but trust me when I say their queso is next level heavenly. No seriously, this is the queso you would make for your significant other's parents to impress them... it's just THAT good. From the cotija cheese sprinkled on top to the hatch green chiles mixed inside the cheese dip all the way to the scoop of guac they place in the bottom of the dish, this queso is the ultimate mouth party.