Quotes That Will Remind You What Life Is Really About

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.”

263

Sometimes you just need a reminder that everything happens for a reason, and the struggles you are going through now are only temporary. We are all human and we all belong. We aren't perfect, we make mistakes, but that's all a part of being alive. Here are some quotes in case you forget:

1. In case you forget that we are in a nation founded by immigrants

“Maybe you weren’t born here, but you found this empty shell and you made it your home”

-Avatar Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

“I am human, so nothing human is foreign to me”

- Terence

2. Failure only brings you closer to perfection

“It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all in which case, you fail by default.”

-J.K. Rowling

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has ever tried.”

-Stephen McCranie

“The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same."

-Colin R. Davis

3. For all the writers out there, keep writing

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”

-Ernest Hemingway

“We see with the eyes, but we see with the brain as well, and seeing with the brain is often called imagination.”

-Oliver Sacks

4. The future isn’t everything. Don’t forget to enjoy today

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

-J.K Rowling (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)

5. Remember… don’t be petty

“There are many who pretend to despise and belittle, that which is beyond their reach.”

-Aesop

6. Our faults are what make us unique

“We are more than the parts that form us.”

-Patrick Rothfuss

"You can be wild and still be very wise."

-Yoko Ono

7. Keep an open mind

“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.”

-Harper Lee (To Kill A Mockingbird)

8. Remember to be kind

"Where there is kindness, there is goodness, and where there is goodness, there is magic."

-Fairy Godmother (Cinderella)

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”

-Dalai Lama

9. Be the change you want to see in the world

-Maya Angelou

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch without doing anything.”

-Albert Einstein