Quotes For Women Going Through Rough Times

Quotes For The Girl's Going Through Rough Times

You are strong. You are Resilient. You are powerful. You are important. You are magic. This one is for you, girls.

29
two friends that are girls

I often look to quotes and literature whenever I'm going through a rough time. Whether it's a breakup, making a bad grade, stressing over money, or any other issue, literature has so much insight to offer.

I've compiled 20 quotes that have helped me see the light in a dark place, hopefully they offer some help to you as well.

​1. Roman Payne, The Wanderess

"She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city" ―

2.  Ariana Dancu

"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the Universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

3. C. JoyBell C.

"I believe in strong women. I believe in the woman who is able to stand up for herself. I believe in the woman who doesn't need to hide behind her husband's back. I believe that if you have problems, as a woman you deal with them, you don't play victim, you don't make yourself look pitiful, you don't point fingers. You stand and you deal. You face the world with a head held high and you carry the universe in your heart." ―

4. Jennifer Donnelly, Revolution

"For mad I may be, but I will never be convenient."

5. Nikki Rowe

"No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind."

6. Ellen J. Barrier, How to Trust God When All Other Resources Have Failed

"A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with."

7. Nikki Rowe

"You can love her with everything you have and she still wont belong to you. She will run wild with you, beside you with everystep but let me tell you something about women who run with wolves, their fierce hearts dont settle between walls and their instinct is stronger than upbringing. Love her wild or leave her there."

8. Janice Trachtman, Catching What Life Throws at You: Inspiring True Stories of Healing

"Everything is within your power, and your power is within you."

9. Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

10. Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me." ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

11. Madonna

"I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay."

12. Coco Chanel, The Gospel According to Coco Chanel: Life Lessons from the World's Most Elegant Woman

"A girl should be two things: who and what she wants."

13. Hillary Clinton

"Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you."

14. Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey

"do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you"

15. Horacio Jones

"Instead of saying, "I'm damaged, I'm broken, I have trust issues" say "I'm healing, I'm rediscovering myself, I'm starting over."

16. Chris Pepple, Without a Voice

"Stop looking for that person you were in the past. She has changed. Look for the person she has grown into. She is wiser and stronger than than ever before. Don't go back to who you were. Cherish who you are."

17. Zeke Thomas

"Everyone heals in their own time and in their own way. The path isn't always a straight line, and you don't need to go it alone."

18. Charles Bukowski

"She's mad, but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire."

19. Shannon L. Alder

"Often those that criticize others reveal what he himself lacks."

20. Honoré de Balzac, Père Goriot

"Women are always true, even in the midst of their greatest falsities, because they are always influenced by some natural feeling."